Message from CPRCC regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus)
As an organization, Chesapeake Potomac Regional Cancer Center (CPRCC) continues to strive to provide uninterrupted cancer care for our community.
We understand that many patients require appointments and/or radiation treatment for their cancer and will continue to provide this as best we can amidst the recent COVID-19 (“coronavirus”) developments. The following list outlines our efforts to minimize your risk of exposure here while getting necessary care.
Should you have any other questions, please inform us and we can discuss further during your visit.
1. Our office staff is calling patients ahead of time to confirm appointments and ensure patients do not have active symptoms and/or positive testing.
2. If you have any of the following symptoms (new cough, shortness of breath, and/or fever), have tested positive, or have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive in the last 14 days, please inform our staff prior to arrival.
3. Visitors are prohibited at this time. If you feel a visitor is necessary, please call the office before arriving to receive guidance. The doctors or nurses are happy to communicate with any family member by phone if they wish to be included during the appointment.
4. Patients are being screened at various times during the appointments. We also request that you share with any staff if you have any of these symptoms, have exposure history, or test positive for COVID-19 at any time.
5. Several signs have been placed around our clinic to inform you and others about symptoms to monitor for and ways to reduce exposure such as washing hands, covering your mouth when sneezing or coughing, and avoiding handshakes or hugs. We too have taken many preventative efforts in our office to reduce the risk of transmission among patients and staff.
While many of these measures may require extra efforts, we find it is important that we all stay safe and healthy so that we can continue to care for patients like you.
Thank you for your understanding and commitment to us,
The CPRCC Family