As an organization, Chesapeake Potomac Regional Cancer Center (CPRCC) continues to strive to provide uninterrupted cancer care for our community.
As of May 2023, in light of the lower rates of COVID transmission in our community, vaccination of many of our patients and staff, and the subsequent end of the public health emergency, the policy changes below are in effect to decrease restrictions in the office. We understand that many patients may still prefer to wear a mask and may request for us to do so at any time as well, particularly in confined spaces in our offices.
Should you have any other questions about our policies, please inform our staff. We are happy to discuss them further during your visit.
1. Masks are optional in our offices.
2. You may request that any of our staff wear a mask in an enclosed area with you at any point during your visit. We are more than willing to respect your interest in staying protected.
3. There are no visitor restrictions in our office, although we encourage visitors to screen for symptoms as well and avoid coming in if in question. Our providers can communicate with any family members by phone during the visit.
4. If you or any visitors with you have any of the following symptoms (new cough, shortness of breath, fevers or others listed on the CDC website), have tested positive in the last 10 days, or have had close contact to anyone who has tested positive in the last 10 days, please inform our staff prior to arrival.
5. We continue to encourage patients, staff, and visitors to consider vaccination. By getting a vaccine, it can not only protect you but also those around you, including many of our patients who are at high risk of severe illness if exposed.
While many of these measures may require extra efforts, we find it is important that we all stay safe and healthy so that we can continue to care for patients like you.
Thank you for your understanding and commitment to us.